Gethin Rhys Williams scored his first try for his country when winning his third cap in the win over the USA. Became the third player in as many internationals to wear the No 15 jersey when he made his senior debut against Ireland at Lansdowne Road last in March 2000 - just a week after celebrating his 20th birthday. After helping Cardiff win the Welsh/Scottish League title in 1999 he underwent surgery on his injured shoulder and was ruled out of the national development tour to Canada. He represented Wales at all age levels from Under 16 to Under 21 and was outstanding during the FIRA Youth World Cup in 1999 when Wales eached the final. He made his Cardiff debut in February 1999 and helped the club reach the quarter-finals of the 1999/2000 Heineken Cup.
International record: 14 caps (W 8, D 1, L 5; 15pts - 3T)
2000 I, MS, USA,SA.
2001 S,F,It,R(rep), I(rep), Arg,Ton(rep), A(rep) F(rep), It (rep)
* 12th start at full back, played his first 7 tests at No 15, this is 4th start again at No 15
* 23rd cap in Wales last 27 tests - including missing 2 tests in Japan 2001.
* First cap was a week after his 20th birthday.
* Cardiff 1st XV debut in February 1999
* Played for Wales at all age levels from U16 and played in World U19 final in 1999 v NZ before senior career.